Flashbacks
It's funny how we pretend not to see each other when it's so obvious that we did. What did we look away to find? Even though you do have a boyfriend and he is sitted beside you, the thoughts had raced through your head. How is it that we can sense each other's presense, yet behave so awkwardly? Why did i camouflage myself in the crowd? Why did i walk round in circles hoping that you'll get a view of me? As we bade goodbye, i shook your hands and i knew think i'd ever see you again. I have to say, however, thanks for your smile. I'd remember it.
As i sat against the walls of the bungalow at the resort at Dennis' and Mel's Birthday party, i felt a cool breeze brushing against my face. I sat there, looking at little kids from the bungalow adjacent to ours, playing a game called Captain's Ball. It was a memorable sight. Laughters, joys, smiles. They're still so vivid. While on the other hand, i see some of my classmates who are invited, holding a stick that held them slavery - cigarettes. I saw their sullen looks. I asked Justin, why did he smoke and how did he got started, and i promised him, i would pray for him. I did, ironically, i cried when i prayed for him. The reason may be due to the fact that i know how bad it is to smoke. I've seen my mother and grandmother smoke. For many years, since adolescence.
I read from someone's blog that "in this world, there is no problem you can't solve. If you have the will, you will find your way". Sometimes, i just feel that this is a very powerful quote to remember. Potest qui Vult. I wrote the words "i can do it" and "potest qui vult" on post-it's and stuck to the cover page of every textbook i have. Somehow, this works very well as i am constantly reminded - when i have the least motivation or alertness - that i can actually concentrate because this is my last year in St Pat's.
Wishlist for this year:
1. To have the signature of every teacher that teaches my class in the class diary.
2. To work the slugs out and to serve the school so that i will remember this particular year and not what i have done in lower Sec.
3. To save my NPCC Unit.
4. To reconcile with friends whom i have never gotten the chance to patch up as this is my last year.
5. To tell those people whom i really treasure in my school to let them know how much they mean to me. (Teachers included)
6. I want to motivate others to do the things that they feel they cannot do.
7. I want to cry at my graduation night because it marks the end of another chapter.
8. To make a difference in St Pat's because... I am the the difference.
9. To run the last lap, to take "a step further: [to] challenge my boundaries" (15th NLLC)
10. To say goodbye to St Patrick's with a whole heart. One that is filled with memories good and bad.
Once a Patrician, always a Patrician.
So far, i have not found a teacher whom i can really talk to. The closest would be Miss Magdalene Tan. She's one of the TOs in my unit. She listens, with a smile. I love that smile. It just lets me know that even if she does not care, she is listening. She's perhaps the only teacher in the whole school to actually know how i feel about the unit, what i've done and how naughty i've been in lower sec and how i have changed to be the president of the Student Council. Ma'am, if you are reading this, i sincerely say thank you for listening to all my blabberings, though it's usually one sided. Though it's only through ATF that i actually got to know you better, it seems like you've known me since sec 1.
Now we are all fated to meet within the life of NPCC, be it happy, be it sad, we will always be remembered. By one another.
Sec 5N1, class of 2006. It's been a pleasure...
XyeThesis`"Goodbye CIs/OCs/TOs/Campers, goodbye CIs/OCs/TOs/Campers, goodbye CIs/OCs/TOs/Campers, till we meet again. Gently we roll along, roll along, roll along, gently we roll along over the deep blue sea..." Campfire song "Goodbye ..."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home