A Prayer
Being humans, we think ourselves as superior in many ways. Just a few weeks ago, i went for ATF in Pulau Ubin. To get there, we had to cross the sea. As i took the bumboat there, i could help but to notice the vast sea that we're travelling on. Sometimes, we - even as humans, superior in many ways - never fail to be awed by the magnificent sight of the elements of nature.
What we see and what we think we are seeing are often, very different things.
I seem to have failed in the eyes of many people. It's just another one of my wild speculations that could be the total opposite of my thoughts. I think i have failed Mr Lim, Mr Ng, Miss Tan and most of all myself. Sometimes, i contemplate on my sacrifices and ask myself, am i too rash or am i being too analytical. No matter, cause either way, i have already made the sacrifice. It's always been my dream to wear the SPF-NPCC badge and to go for the CIBTC. However, ever since i've got to known Mel again, i've been questioning myself very often. What am i striving for that i have to sacrifice this much to achieve it? I argued with her saying that achievements are more important than friends as they follow you throughout your life in your records. She said however, friends will be there for you. Like how she's always been there for me. Achievements are nothing but cold, heartless objects that do not say anything to you and even feel you. That is why i'm letting go. I've made a choice, in my wishlist, that i want to be reunited with friends who have grown stray or even became competitors. Such people are Menveer and Sherman. My time in St Pat's is almost up. It's time for me to go. I know however, that part of me will stay in SPS because of the hopes and dreams i have for the school and the friends i made there were from there...
Today, Ignatius snapped out in class. 2 days ago, Albert snapped out during Recess Assembly. Life, how unpredictable it can be. 1 year when said as a year seems long. when broken into 12 months, you realise that we're in the 3rd month. when split into days, it is 365. We ignore 365 days as a mere statistic, it's no wonder it creeps up on you without raising any alarms. I just wonder why so much can change in just a matter of minutes.
Life is "a mist that appears for a while and then vanishes" - James 4:14
Dear Jesus,
it's been sometime since i did many things. Dad, i just want to pray that you'll give me a courageous heart and spirit to live. I've seen many things happen this week. Things that seem to appear very fast. Things like earning the respect from my class. Things like seeing how people react to situation. Things like how the nature is so beautiful. Things like how i gave up some of my empty pursuits. I pray Lord, more than anything else, that'll you'll change me to be the person you want me to be. I want to live life to the fullest Lord. This is my last year in St Pat's and i've made an impact to some people. I want to continue making an impact on others. Halp me live out my wish list for this year. That includes saving the unit. I backed out, because Lord, only now that i realise i can do things using my strength. Though you many seem distant at times, you are the one that i should draw strength from. God. I believe. I believe you'll work in me. I believe i am being put into St Pat's for a reason.
All these i pray in your most precious name, Amen
"Watch, stand fast. Be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love" - 1 Corinthians 16:13
XyeThesis
`Today i see you again.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home